Monday, April 19, 2010

Healthy Eating

I didn't eat badly. I just didnt eat much. With the job that I have it doesn't leave room for a consistant lunch break, and time to eat. I have discussed with a nutritionist about what my best options are. We decided that smaller meals more times a day would be my best option.

You should write down everything you eat and drink for a few days before you start to change your diet. This will give you a chance to go over what your eating habits are, and will give you a better understanding of what you need to change.

I will be writing each day as to what I have eaten and what times I will be eating them. There are simple ways to jump start your matabolism in the morning. When you first wake up you should drink a glass of hot water with lemon. If you find you need it to be sweeter you can add some organic all natural Honey to this. That is what I like to do, until I get used to the taste.

You want to make sure that you drink 2.5 litres of water a day. yes I said 2.5 litres. I know that sounds like a lot. But if you get a pop bottle and fill it with water in the morning and drink that until around dinner time then fill it up to half way, and finish this before you go to bed, you will find it is a lot easier to do, and wont seem so overwhelming. I myself Drink 2 and a half 1 litre bottles of Dasani. I buy it in the morning before work and then drink it through out the day.

You want to make sure that you eat a large healthy breakfast. You want to stay away from wheat based bread and go for gluton free. I like Ezekial rice bread. You can find this in the freezer section at your local grocery store. I like the honey and oat flavored. This bread has an aquired texture to it so you will need to get used to it. I suggest toasting it and putting an egg on top and eating it together.

Do not drink when you are eating. When you eat you want to focus on that and that alone. I will post a separate posting on tips to how to eat properly to get the most out of your food.

Make sure that every time after you eat, you drink a large glass of water, this will help to move everything through the body as it should. You should eat breakfast and a snack 2 hours later. Then you should eat your lunch, and then another snack two hours later, and then dinner, and then one more snack if need be. You want breakfast to be your largest meal of the day as you need this for your most energy. Lunch should be smaller, and dinner smallest.

You want to eat as much raw veggies, and especially green veggies as possible. Eating your veggies raw or aldente when cooked will give your body the most nutrients from them. You want a high protein in your diet. Staying away from fatty meats, and sauces. No deep frying. Grilling your food will be your best option for maximum nutrient value. Try to steer away from sugar, salt and butter as much as possible. use PAM to lightly spray your pans and use lemon or hot sauce to taste these have very few calories and taste delicious!

These are just a few of many more tips and tricks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment